Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New Bible Verse

I know, I'm a few days late. Sorry to my 3 faithful readers.
I got a new Bible yesterday! I had to go to Lifeway to get the Beth Moore Esther guide for a study I'm starting next week and I had a coupon good for yesterday (see, couponing!) I have been wanting a Hollomon Bible. It's kinda a mix between The Message Bible (which I recently got and like, but not for everything) and the NIV (which is my go to version). They had a hardback Hollomon Student Bible for $10! Now I'm pretty picky about my Bibles, I like "pretty" pages and the pages need to be thick, I'm not a fan of that tissue paper stuff. Anyways, LOVE this BIBLE! I'm so excited about it. So I knew I wanted to use this version for my verse this week- just had NO clue what verse I wanted to use. I have all these verses I like, but I want it to be the ONE verse for my two weeks. Well, found it. It's a side bar on my friend Katie's blog and I love it.

He will fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.
-Job 8:21

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! And yay for the new Bible! :)

Katie said...

Oh boy!! How fun is that!?!? Yea, as you can probably tell, that is one of my favorite verses too. Hope to see you soon.

Becky said...

I LOVE that verse...I'm your 4th faithful blog reader :)

Annette said...

I'm sure you have more than 3 faithful readers! You must count your Mom and your Grandmom too! I love the verse you picked out! We don't laugh enough in our day to day lives. As you know I had cataract surgery yesterday and the hospital just called to see how I was. I asked them if they could put the cataract back. I LOOKED SO OLD IN THE MIRROR THIS AM. I also saw cobwebs hanging from the wall that weren't there before.