Friday, February 6, 2009

Crockpotting (I like taking nouns and making them verbs)

I got 7 crockpots for wedding gifts. It because this running joke about my crockpots and I even took a picture of all of them in their glory when we finally moved in our first house and unpacked all the wedding gifts. Just so you know, I only kept two, a big one and a small one.

I LOVE cooking in my crockpot! It makes me so happy to come home after work and dinner be READY. Not to mention it makes my house smell happy too.

Marty had mentioned to me a blog a lady did with 365 crockpot recipes. She made a new year resolution to cook with her crockpot everyday of 2008. I googled her site and found more crockpot recipes than a little girl could ever want.
In case you want it too, I'll save you the google trouble.
www.crockpot365.blogspot.com

I spent an hour or so this morning reading though the post and printing some recipes I want to try. I have a list of recipes and after Sunday armed with my coupons, I'll be crockpotting like a mad woman. I'll post my fav recipes.

5 comments:

The Overstreets said...

By "Marty" you mean "Casey", right? :)

mary leigh said...

yeah you too, but Marty told me like months ago and then you reminded me last week. i'll go back and edit my story.

The Overstreets said...

No editing necessary! Marty does find the best blogs and websites. I don't know how she does it. Did she tell you about the Pioneer Woman one too?

Emily G. said...

Oh yay! Can't wait to see/read your favorites!

Lori said...

ML - I used my Crockpot for the first time last week, and I used it twice! I'll look forward to seeing your favorite recipes. :)