Wednesday, February 4, 2009

coupon update

I spent the morning get myself together for my new task of couponing. I headed to Kroger to do my pricing, since I never really paid attention to what things cost.
They had ground turkey on sale for $.99 a pack! It's normally $3.49! I saved $2.50 a package!
We don't use ground turkey much. I'm just a ground beef girl. I don't mind ground turkey, you can't taste the difference, it just looks different. But for $.99- sold- I bought 4 packs and will probably go back and get more to freeze.
I know I wasn't couponing, but I saved over $16 today and only spent $10! I'm so proud of myself.

2 comments:

Leah said...

We only use ground turkey instead of beef. I have a really good turkey meatball recipe you can have. And we use the dark, fattier meat in things like pasta sauce, chili, enchiladas, tacos. And then we use the white, less fat meat in turkey burgers and meatballs.

Annette said...

I have a great recipe for ground turkey: Brown 1 lb of turkey, add 2 cups (or more) of salsa. Spread one package of cresent rolls out in a pie plate to make a pie crust. Add the ground turkey/salsa mix on the crust. Top with shredded cheese. I use a lot. Bake at 350 deg for about 20 - 25 min until crust is brown. It's called Turkey Pie. We love it. Serve with a salad, and that's dinner!