Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Crockpot 1-2-3

So I have tried three crockpot recipes off the Crockpot365 site and I must say, they are all keepers.

Night one: Candied Chicken
Notes: Smelled funny when cooking. Casey and I both made this the same night and hers smelled funny too! I was really afraid it would be my first "dinner isn't eatable, order pizza" night. It was actually good. Although it said cook for low 6-8 hours and I used HUGE frozen chicken breast and it was WAY over cooked. Next time I'll cook on low for like 4 hours.

Night Two: Buffalo Wing Soup
Notes: GREAT! But again cooked too long. The chicken is already cooked (boiled) when you make it, so I would only cook on low for 4 hours. We love hot wings, and this was a fantastic twist on them!

Night Three: Pizza Soup
Notes: Perfect. I'd make this every week. We aren't tomato eaters, so I'd leave those out next time. And, I don't think I bought the right Italian Sausage. Mine was ground sausage, but it worked just fine.

I still have a list of other recipes to try, so I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

The Overstreets said...

I made the peppercorn steak last night and it was good too.

Annette said...

ML, email the recipe for the chicken wing soup! Sounds good.