Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scripture Memory

So sometimes God really hits me over the head with things- I guess I am a little slow on the pick up sometimes. Well over the last few months, it's been scripture memory and my friend Becky was the last straw. So I'm adding a new 2009 goal to my list (which I'll blog about soon)- Scripture Memory. I'm going to try to memorize two scriptures a month starting tomorrow, the 15th. I'll change verses the 15th and 1st of each month.
I got my Bible out this morning and flipped and flipped and flipped. I was seriously stressing over what to pick (I have issues - I know!) I went and got my Message Bible and flipped and flipped and flipped. Then I went and got my Student Bible from high school and college and decided I'd memorize something I had highlighted years ago- flip, flip, flip... Then it hit me. I'd start by memorizing a verse that was the cornerstone for the memorial service for my friend Alicia (who died when I was a senior in high school). The verse is Habakkuk 3: 18 and 19. I don't remember lots from the service but I remember the Ken (the preacher) sharing how he had gotten Alicia's Bible after the accident and was amazed that she had read Habakkuk and had highlighted this verse; Habakkuk is a small kinda no name book that gets overlooked.

So, to start my journey...

"Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will be happy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; he will give me the speed of a deer and bring me safely over the mountain" -Habakkuk 3:18&19

I'll be *trying* to remember to post my verses here for accountability sake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!! I'm so proud of you and I'm glad you're doing this too! I'm so excited and I've already got mine picked out for tomorrow!! :) Good job ML! I'll help keep you accountable.

Annette said...

One of the highlights of my life these days is reading your blog! I am so VERY PROUD of you. You are truly a bright spot in anyone's day who reads your blog. I especially love the cheerleading pictures. I don't think we're quite ready for the National Cheerleading competition, do you? ILY MawMaw