Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm cheating, in a good way

I feel like I should confess that I'm cheating on my scripture memory verses. I started memorizing Habakkuk 3:18&19 back on the 15th and truth be told I had it memorized that day. I kept the note card in my car and one on my bathroom mirror and said it all the time. I feel pretty confindent that I know it really well, so I'm moving on. I know I shouldn't start a new verse till the end of the week, but I'm ready.
So my new verse is:
God is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask for. -Ephesians 3:20

I know I had such a hard time picking a verse last time, but not this time. This verse really just jumped out to me.

And while I'm confessing that I cheated and started a new verse, I'll come clean about this too- I'm actually starting two new verses. I found another one I just loved so I figured I'll do both, especially since the Ephesians verse is so short.

Do not be afraid. Just stand where you are and watch and you will see the wonderful way the Lord will save you today. The Lord will fight for you and you will not have to lift a finger. -Exodus 14:13&14

There is a little bit I left out "The Egyptians you are looking at- you will never see them again". I guess that's cheating too, but hey, it's my memory verses.

5 comments:

Hallie Madewell said...

Maybe I need to do this with you!!

The Overstreets said...

Keep up the good work! Are you using "The Message" version? I really like the verses you chose!

mary leigh said...

I am using different versions- I think so far they have been NIV, but I edited this weeks verses just a little to my liking. God doesn't mind.

Annette said...

Keep up the blog. I really enjoy it!

Cassie said...

Hey! I have seen your blog before off of Leah's, but never really followed it. TODAY, however, I am doing some major procrastinating and decided to go back and check out everyone's. :) I just want you to know that your entry is maybe the 20th time I've been hit with knowing God's word this week. (ok, maybe not 20, but it might as well have been!) I think maybe I should do something about this. Just thought I would say thanks! I always think it's cool to see how the chain of obedience affects people. Good luck with your memorization!