Wednesday, October 1, 2008

been busy

Whew, I've been busy. I feel like I always say that... but it's true. Nick and I are so busy, it seems like we always have something going on! It's a busy life, but we love it!

I have been going to a girl's Bible study in Nashville on Monday nights. We are doing Beth Moore's study "Stepping Up". It's pretty awesome. It's based on the Psalms of Ascent, which to be honest, until three weeks ago, I never knew exsisted. It's been a great study and I've had fun bonding with Casey and Leah on our 40 minute car rides!

I have been doing a little home improvement work too. Below are some picture.
This first picture is the new iron piece I hung on the fireplace. I really like it; think it adds a nice touch.

This is a little towel holder I hung in the kitchen. I got it at the last Ikea trip, but just finally got it painted and hung. This is replacing the paper towel holder by the sink. I'm trying to be more green, just one little change at a time.

This last picture is the new words I put on the wall today. I have been wanting to put this saying on the wall above the front door since I got my cricut, but wanted it in brown and wasn't really happy with any of my fonts. Casey let me borrow this font and I love it.


I have one more project that will hopefully be finished tomorrow. I am replacing the door between the kitchen and the laundry room with a flat door that I have primed, painted (THREE COATS!) and painted a chalkboard with chalk board paint. It's all ready to go, but tonight Robert and I were cutting the trim (which is RED!) and I ended up needing another piece. So, I'll have to wait till tomorrow to finish. I'll stop at Lowe's on my way home and get another piece of trim and more red paint (I used the very LAST drop today!). I have to paint the trim four times and then we'll be ready to go. Hopefully it can be done tomorrow night.... I'll post pictures. It's gonna be so cute!!!

One more thing. Any of you who have old nasty, out of style, don't ware any more coats- Please give them to me. They can be anything from kids to adults, light jackets to rain jackets to heavy winter coats. My little brother is involved in a project to gather coats and sell them to underpriveldged people for super cheap (we are talking $1 or so). It's a great cause and it's not a handout. The money raised will be donated to a local homeless shelter or food bank. Let me know if you have some old coats! Thanks!!!

2 comments:

Leah said...

First, every morning (since Monday night's meeting) I have started the day by saying "God is on my side," and it really can turn around my attitude for the day. Amazing what 5 little words can do for you!

Is ML Scribbles still up and running? I would like some wording around my house and would be interested in making a purchase from you if you are still doing that.

And, I am excited to see your door! Let me know how many coats of chalkbaord paint it took.

The Overstreets said...

Cute projects! Now you have to come to my house!

I enjoy our ride to Nashville too, I'll miss it when the study is over.