Monday, October 13, 2008

HOV Lane

Today I drove to Hendersonville to the ICM (Inspirational Country Music) awards. We are taking pictures and stuff there this week... but anyway- that will be another post once I meet a celebrity (I hear Carrie Underwood, Natalie Grant, and Point of Grace are there somewhere!)
So, back to the point at hand. Driving home I was coming through Nashville during the HOV lane hours. I am a supporter of the HOV lanes. Carpooling = great idea = be green! So, it really irks me when people ALONE IN THEIR CARS are flying by me in the HOV lane. I want to citizen arrest them! I mean, folks, let's all play by the rules. With that being said, to the rest of you drivers out there- When the HOV lane is in effect, the lane beside it then becomes the FAST LANE. Do not drive in the lane next to the HOV lane doing 67- NOT.COOL.
Thank you and I look forward to sharing the road with you again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Annette said...

That's another reason to enjoy retirement --- you're not EVER going to drive in the HOV lane!

D'Leigh said...

So, did you round up a ten-gallon hat, some cowboy boots, and a set of spurs? =-) ily- Mom

Anonymous said...

I hate the HOV lane rules! They drive me nuts. They are pointless because people who are car pooling never drive in them!! Hello!! I get real jacked up about this. ha. And it drives me nuts when cops pull those cars with only one person in them, breaking the HOV lane rules. I understand it's a law and what not, but the traffic and back up that it causes when the cop has that person pulled over is NOT worth it. Seriously.