Thursday, May 15, 2008

stop or I'll shoot

I've been home alone all week while Nick has been in Chattanooga for business. Well, technically, I haven't been alone, since my brother Robert has moved in. But tonight I am ALL ALONE! Now don't get me wrong I LOVE being home alone, eating pizza, watching tv, taking baths, etc. Since we have been married I would say I have been home alone a couple dozen times. So tonight on my way home when I tell Nick Robert is gone and I'll be alone with the doggies tonight he goes into this:
Well, you know where the stuff is if you need it. ("stuff" being the gun in his nightstand)
Me: Um, I am a big girl, I won't be needing a gun.
Nick: Well, you know where it is if you need it.
Um, does anyone else find this funny! I mean hello, we live in MURFREESBORO in the middle of the Bible belt, pretty sure it's not a high crime area. Secondly, if someone breaks in my house in the middle of the night, doubt I'll have my whits about me to get the gun out of the drawer and get it loaded - in the dark!
So, say a little prayer for me, or the burglar who tries to break in my house tonight.

No comments: