Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I hate WalMart

It's no big secert to my blog readers that I don't much care for WalMart. Well, today I decided to bite the bullet and go there. I need to go grocery shopping and get some random things (air filters, cleaning stuff, etc) and since it's so cold I just wanted to get in and get done and get home to warm up.
So here are the reason I hated WalMart today in order of occurance:
1. People can't drive in the parking lot.
I passed one guy going the wrong way down the aisle. I waited behind someone who was waiting for 10 minutes so she could get a parking spot two spaces closer (which she could have already been in the store by the time she waited for that spot. Not to mention all the people PARKED in the firelane waiting to pick someone up!
2. People can't walk in the parking lot.
You must have a death wish to walk in the parking lot of Wallie World. People would walk RIGHT out in front of me! I mean people, please look before you step out into traffic!
3. The carts
I am not kidding when I tell you there were 8 carts in the cart holder when you walk in. I was there early this morning- you can't tell me those carts had all been used. Where were they? Probably out in the parking lots, not in the cart return. Out of those 8 carts, I went through three before I found one whose wheel all moved in the same direction (for the most part)
4. The friendly service you get
No person in a blue shirt can help you with ANYTHING. In fact most don't speak English. They park their unloading carts in the MIDDLE of the aisle and look at you like YOU are in the way. AGHHH
5. I can NEVER find everything on my list. EVER.
6. The produce department is NASTY. I mean if this is what the front of your store looks like, I'm afraid of the back where I can't see.
7. There are a million registers and only 2 are open. Seriously? Why?
8. The check out lady is rude (which I made sure to mark on the survey on the keypad)
9. Back to the parking lot (see #1 and #2)

I will admit, the groceries are a tad cheaper, but is it worth it, I think not.

8 comments:

Emily G. said...

I bet you are the only one who has ever done the survey at the checkout! Too funny!!

I don't hate Walmart like you, but I see your point(s). I used to get some food items there, but now it's just toiletries/cleaning supplies/paper products.

The Overstreets said...

I was there today too and it was awful. I had to wait 5 minutes while a guy backed out of his parking spot the wrong way (which took 5 minutes) then proceeded to drive the wrong way down the aisle! UGH! He's probably driving without a license. Wheres's a cop when you need one?

Leah said...

I used to do the survey at the check out. I always picked the box that said, "This store is not clean." =)

Sometimes it takes a quick trip in there to remind you why you stopped going there in the first place. Oh, next time you want to consolidate your multiple shopping trips into one, drive up to the Super Target here in Smyrna. It may be out of the way, but it HAS to be better than Wal-Mart.

Anonymous said...

I hate it too, but it's a one stop shop and that's what I like.

I enjoyed your list though. ha.

Marty Alexander said...

I'm sorry that the very idea of Wal Mart would cause you to want to rent your garments, but "A tad cheaper"?! You have got to be kidding me! Let's define "tad", could we? And "Can never find anything on my list, ever?" I recall a certain tour where we checked every single item off of your list.

Ease up on ol' Wally World, she may not be the cleanest, most pristine, buggy workin'est, ample parking place store in the world, but she has saved us a lot of dough.
Down with Wal-Mart haters!

P.S. I have done that survey at the check out too. I clicked that my cashier was not friendly, and I was nervous! I was afraid she would be able to see that I had just ratted on her.

Annette said...

Why haven't I ever gotten a comment card at the checkout? I do think some WalMarts are better than others. The people that work in the one here are usually pretty friendly and usually very helpful.

Aunt Luanne said...

You would be proud of me then. I went to Walmart not too long ago. There was an OLD lady behind me checking out. She asked the creap checking me out if she had to put her 10-ton package of water up on the belt. She asked him at least 3 or 4 times, and I KNOW he heard her because he looked at her each time. I finally asked him and all he said was "YEP". To take the cake, he had on a STAR CASHIER name tag.... HA! I put the water up there for her taking a mental note of this bonehead's name and register number. When I got home, I called the manager and told her exactly what had happened. I went back to a few days later, and there was the creap again checking me out. Guess what, he no longer had his STAR CASHIER name tag, only an ugly generic one. I wanted to knuckle touch him and tell him "What goes around comes around DUDE"! I walked out of Walmart with my head held high knowing that I had demoted the biggest loser at Walmart.

D'Leigh said...

Like mother, like daughter! =-)
Wal-Mart haters, unite!