Friday, September 5, 2008

ooops

If you happened to be at Thorton's Gas Station tonight about 6:15 you sure did get a treat!
I got out of my jeep to get gas. I undid my gas gap, inserted my debt card, picked the grade I wanted, you know- all those things you do when you are getting gas. I put the nossle in my car and went to step over the hose so I could get my debt card put back in my wallet. Well, I must have misjudge the step and ended up tripping on the hose and fell into my jeep. It made the LOUDEST noise! Everyone looked over at me just in time to see me falling from the side of my jeep onto the concrete! I banged my knee really hard (not sure if that happened when I hit the car or when I fell to the ground!) I just caught myself on my hands and knees on the ground and quickly jumped up and back into my car, shut the door and tried to gather myself! I was so embarassed I couldn't get back out of the car to stand there and wait for the pump to finish. When it finally shut off, I jumped out and quickly put the pump back and grabbed my receipt- it wasn't until I was back on highway 96 that I realized I had left my gas cap off and my gas door open....

3 comments:

Emily G. said...

so ml DOES get embarrassed....nice to know.

ps - where is thornton's gas station???

pps - hope your knee is ok!

Annette said...

Don't you just hate it when things like that happen? Especially when you haven't even had a glass of wine!

Aunt Luanne said...

You go girl!!! That's my blond-headed niece. Ask your mother about the time she was choking on a french fry and all I could do was laugh. Now.... aren't you glad I wasn't at Thornton's gas station?!!