Tuesday, September 2, 2008

adventures in parenthood

So, we survived the weekend as parents and it really wasn't bad at all! Being a parent isn't that tough, kinda tiring, but fun!
Hannah is so stinkin' cute. She is just the sweetest and well behaved girl every. Although she is into asking Why? For instance:
H: Who is that girl?
ML: That is my sister.
H: Why?
ML: Well, we have the same parents.
H: Why?
ML: Because our mommy and daddy had both of us.
H: Why?
ML: I guess they wanted more than just two kids.
H: Why?
ML: Cause they wanted a big family.
H: Why?
ML: So they would have a chance at someone letting them live with them when they get old.
H: Why?
ML: so they won't have to go to a nursing home.
H: Why?
....................................................
Joshua (or Wash-you-wah) was an angel as usual. Although he didn't feel too good all weekend and just wanted to be held. I didn't mind hold that sweet boy at all! Although, I will say, a bottle at 5 am comes early to those who aren't used to see that side of 7 am.

The funniest thing of the entire weekend was at dinner on Sunday night. Robert had just gotten back from hunting and we were all eating at the table. Robert was telling Nick a story when Hannah spoke up and said "Mr. Robert, you shouldn't talk with your mouth full." It was all we could do not to laugh out loud at her!

We were so glad to be able to have the kids for the weekend and give us a taste of parenthood. We are looking forward to parenthood one day, but as for now, I like sleeping late, taking naps, doing my own thing, and talking with my mouth full!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Mary Leigh, they don't COME that good, you have to MAKE them that good! I know, because I raised three perfect children!!!!!