Sunday, July 13, 2008

Beach Trip

I have a fan out there who is much anticipating the arrival of a new post about our family beach adventure.
We had a great time down in Perdido Key, FL for a week. It was a great time and ALL of us got to go. It was: Mom and Dad, William, Me and Nick, Robert and Emily, and Anna and Chase- the whole gang! We had an awesome place right on the beach. It was a townhouse and the best part was that the house owned the beach, so we had a private beach right out our back door.
All in all it was a relaxing trip, just laying out and reading (I finished 5 books in 5 days!), great food - I tried some seafood and think I now like Talipa (sp?) and crab legs, and fun times. We played a highly competitive game of Cranium, boys vs girls. No doubt who the winners were- the GIRLS! But it made for some good laughs, especially when William had to act out Batman and stood up and hummed the theme from Indiana Jones and held his arms out. Who knows how Chase guessed Batman. Mom really came through on our team, she couldn't hum for laughing but she pulled through on the spelling (we all know we didn't want Anna spelling!).
We hunted jellyfish all week. For some reason, there were lots of jellyfish out in the afternoon, so we would catch them in the nets and bury them. We had a little jellyfish grave yard, complete with headstones.
It was a great trip, but I am glad to be home in my own bed!
I'll post some pictures once I get them uploaded from my camera sometime later.

3 comments:

Emily G. said...

Yay for trying seafood! (It's tilapia btw). And I am impressed - crab legs!! I like crab cakes but the legs gross me out - go figure.

Annette said...

Thanks for the update. I looked at your Mom's pic on Snapfish. Looks like it was a ball! How was the tilapia cooked, baked, maybe? I haven't tried it, but the only seafood I really like is shrimp! Awaiting more info!

Erin Pastoric said...

YAY seafood! Jayme has gotten me trying all kinds of fish and Tilapia is Grrrrrrrreat! Mahi is better.