Monday, August 24, 2009

way to save more at Kroger

So last night I took my reusable bags to Kroger with me, just to save some plastic. Well, when I was checking out, the cashier asked me how many bags I had. I counted 7. She asked me if I wanted 4 cents off or gas points. Since I use the gas points to get 10 cents off a gallon on my fill up, I chose gas points.

I called customer service when I got home and asked them to explain the deal to me.

So, for every reusable bag you bring in you can choose to get 4 cents off your total grocery purchase or an additional 5 gas points per bag!

It's not much, but it will add up fast! Not to mention you'll get better coupons from the coupon printer at the register. I got a $1 off your next purchase!

2 comments:

Annette said...

Way to go! What a smart shopper you are! If everybody did that what a difference it would make, thanks.

Lora said...

More grocery stores should do that! Trader Joe's has you sign a raffle ticket and there is a drawing every other week for a $25 giftcard. I am determined to win at least once :)